It’s 2022, and I haven’t blogged in a long period of time! What better time to start blogging than when I make a goal list for the year? No, seriously, tell me so I get it right the next time I take a break from my blog. If you know me, you know that I don’t like making resolutions. To me resolutions feel too much like a pass/fail situation. I do like to make a lot of lofty goals that I know I wont achieve them all.
1. Finish sketching my PB & GN dummy. Normally, I wouldn’t make a dummy for a graphic novel, but this particular graphic novel is picture book length so it makes sense.
2. Finish a draft of my MG kitty novel. Cats are in most of my stories. While this is a specific novel it’s could be almost any MG book I write
3. Draft 2 GN scripts. This is the minimum amount of GN scripts I want to write this year. I’m sure I will get more ideas, but I want to draft two this year.
4. Put together a new graphic novel package for one of the new scripts.
5. Submit my polished work to agents.
6. Write 12 picture book manuscripts. I’d like to draft at least 12 decent picture book manuscripts. I’m in the 12×12 and I’d like to win this year! https://www.12x12challenge.com/
7. Make sure I make use of critique groups and other resources.
8. Interview authors & Illustrators and post about BIPOC, Disabled and LGBTQIA+ books.
9. Keep up with my list of resources on my blog.
10. Blog at least once a month about the books I’ve read and other updates!
11. Edit at least one of my novels for submission.
I think that’s a good list of things. I doubt if I’ll get to them all, but it’s good to have a list of goals up. What are your goals for this year?